Under certain circumstances a grandparent can open a child support collection case to establish and obtain unpaid court ordered child support.

If a grandparent has been appointed the legal guardian of his/her grandchild and the grandparent needs help enforcing & collecting unpaid child support that was ordered by the courts, we can help the grandparent collect & enforce unpaid child support.

In many situations grandparent who is receiving government benefits such as TANF or Medicaid, may be asked to cooperate with the Attorney General’s office to establish a child support order with the biological parents of the child.

If the grandparent can provide proof that the child has been living with and under the supervision of the grandparent, then the grandparent should contact a child support attorney immediately..

A separate child support case will be opened with each noncustodial parent (mother and father), even if one or both parents live in the same household.

Excelling in creative solutions, our lawyers do whatever it takes to advocate for our clients. Our attorneys routinely take cases to court with children in their 20s, 30s, 40s and even 50s and have received and collected judgments for unpaid support and interest as high as $620,000. We can help you, too. Free Case Review

Call our law firm today toll-free at (866) 993-CHILD or at (210) 732-6000.